2011 Will be a year to celebrate for our
Optometrist Practice in Fort Collins
I have had the honor of serving the Ft Collins Community since 1985. Over that time we have performed eye exams, fit contact lenses and eyeglasses, and treated eye diseases for thousands of residents in Northern Colorado. We always welcome new patients into our office and provide the personal type of eyecare service your family deserves. I have developed several special areas of interest and expertise over the years, some unique to the Fort Collins Eye Doctors community.
Fort Collins Contact Lens Specialists
What an exciting field the contact lens arena has been the last decade. We have seen the revolutionary introduction of the silicone hydrogel super breathable contact lenses, now in their fourth generation. They offer great eye health advantages and vastly improved contact lens comfort. Contact Lenses in the Fort Collins low humidity environment can be very challenging to fit. We now have soft contact lenses suitable for the Fort Collins humidity available in toric astigmatism formats. Just this last year multi-focal contact lenses have become available in Northern Colorado made of the same materials. We also have expanded services to cover fitting more patients with difficult eye problems like kerataconus with contact lenses. So many new options have become available; daily disposable contact lenses, 30 day overnight wear contact lens, new gas permeable contact lenses, deposit resistant contact lens coatings, and safer & easier contact lens solution regimens. This is truly the Golden Period for contact lenses.
There is relief available for dry eyes
Contact our office for an initial evaluation at (970) 226-0959.Dye Eye Syndrome is Epidemic in Fort Collins and increasingly so in all of the country. An aging population, dietary changes, and changes in the workplace are driving the dry eye epidemic. Today there are treatments for dry eyes that work. This an area of expertise we are rapidly expanding in new directions of treatment. If you live in the Ft Collins area and suffer from burning eyes, contact lens discomfort, feelings of gritty or itchy eyes, or transient blurring of your vision while wearing contact lenses, you may be able to have a remarkable improvement in your quality of life with the appropriate diagnosis and treatment for dry eye syndrome.
We provide all the extra time you need for a comprehensive eye exam. Fort Collins residents are not different from other areas of the country, we all worry about getting the wrong prescription from making mistakes during an eye test. We eliminate that concern completely. We first test your eyes with an eye computer that determines your prescription with no answers required from your side. You only need to look at a small target and hold your head still for about a minute! No
questioning which is better one or two-it is all automated during this part of your eye exam. Next we do ask those one or two questions when you sit behind the phoropter, the mask like instrument in the picture above. You are free to request that we slow down or repeat the comparison of lenses at any time during your eye exam. I always want my patients to feel like they are free to ask for whatever they need to feel comfortable with the final prescription we arrive at. If you need more time than we have scheduled you can reschedule for a second or third eye examination absolutely free. All of those one’s and two’s may seem confusing but it is more like tuning in a radio station. We go back and forth repeatedly verifying you are giving consistent responses to the same questions. Here is a secret eye doctors are loathe to reveal-sometimes the two different views are identical!So don’t feel bad if you really can’t tell the difference. I add a few extras to my eye exams when needed. Most Optometrists and Ophthalmologists no longer have the skill to utilize retinoscopy, the hand instrument technique that was used in the past. I use it frequently when a patient is having trouble telling the differences during the eye exam. This is also totally independent of verbal responses-and I go a step further. I will utilize readings from the eye computer and retinoscope before and after putting in dilation drops. These drops eliminate most of the variability in focusing that alter eye prescription readings. Even when children or adults are completely non verbal our testing sequence usually yields an eye correction of 20/20. Rest easy, we can provide you with an eye exam you can’t fail!
Other special concerns we address are:
- Childrens Eyecare
- Teens and Contact Lenses
- Computer Vision Syndrome
- Nutritional Eye Care and Supplements
- Lazy Eye (Using Drop Therapy to Save your time and money)
- Vision Problems after Head Injuries
- Glaucoma-Glaucoma Treatment, Borderline Glaucoma, Glaucoma Diagnosis open angle versus closed angle, New Generation Prescription Glaucoma Eye Drops to minimize eye discomfort and maximize ease of use, latest Eye Doctors Glaucoma Advice for Eye Nutrition and Supplements for Glaucoma.
- Unique Eyeglass Selection-Frame styles to fit your lifestyle-Prescription Sunglasses to protect your eyes from harmful ultraviolet radiation, new frame materials that twist and flex or are designed to be much more resistant to breakage, cutting edge designer fashion eyewear, we can find what you need even if we don’t carry it-.
- Here is another seceret Eye Doctors and Optical Retailors Don’t want you to know-Quality Eyeglasses can be purchased for a reasonable price! No we usually don’t keep that on display but we have worked out a special arrangement with our suppliers to provide quality eyeglasses for Fort Collins at a reasonable price. It is not cutting edge design but they are attractive frames. And they are not the type of eyeglasses that you purchase three pairs for a low fee and have no pairs after they all break three months later!
- Eye Glass Lens Technology: We always on the lookout for new innovations in eye care products- fourth generation eyeglass lenses anti-reflection coatings to reduce glare and improve your night vision, new generations of line free bifocals to increase reading areas, lens designs for computer eyestrain,and ultra thin lightweight lenses with innovative technology to assure clear optical properties.
Appointments? Call (970) 226-0959
Insurance? We take care of the paper work and participate in most vision insurance plans including VSP Vision Service Plan
Become a Fan on Facebook:Include Me Now
Visit our other Web Page at: Harmony Eye Care Ft Collins